Location: Kapolei, HI
Job ID: 123463BR-1
Aulani Marketing Strategy Internship – Aulani
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, is more than an enchanting, family-friendly destination. We’ve combined the spirit of O’ahu with the magic of Disney to create a place where guests and cast members alike can feel the magic, can feel the spirit of the island and can truly feel welcome. Here, you’ll bring the spirit of the islands to life in every part of your role.
The Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDPR) Emerging Businesses Marketing team is located at the Corporate Offices in Glendale, CA. Part of this team’s responsibility is for developing and executing strategies and tactics, along with driving business results for Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Hawaii. Team members have the opportunity to work multiple businesses across the Parks & Resorts and Walt Disney Company Portfolio on partnerships, brand initiatives, and more.
During this 6 month internship based in Hawaii, the Cast Member will work on the following, or support the following:
- Industry research (and research summaries) on best practices that relate directly to Marketing Strategy projects for Adventures by Disney and Aulani
- Work with content and creative team on briefs and asset needs for projects
- Obtain all proper approvals for finished product (Creative, Legal, Brand, Business)
- Marketing copy reviews and copy writing
- Travel industry and media fams, with a focus on Japanese clients and media
- Assist with production work at Aulani, which may include broadcast events and / or photo shoots
- Analysis of business results, consumer profile, and ad hoc projects that require data analysis
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Current Senior majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related major
- Fluency in the Japanese language
- Leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, teamwork abilities; excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including English and Japanese
- Experience in interacting with outside agencies and media
- An eye and understanding for creative execution as it applies to consumer insights
- Previous experience or educational background in consumer marketing or brand management strongly preferred; at a minimum, demonstrated passion for understanding and meeting consumer needs through robust strategic and creative thinking
- Proven record of execution success; ability to deliver results on strategy, time, and budget; attention to detail
- Excellent attitude and disposition; comfortable with ambiguity; bias for action; ability to smartly navigate organizations and build relationships
- Passion for the Disney product, travel and leisure, entertainment, and media
- Advanced Excel and data analysis a plus
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Current MBA candidate with a marketing or strategy concentration
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneylandcast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2014 through June 2014. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship. This will include working an average of 30-40 hours a week.
No Housing Available:
This internship is located in Kapolei, HI. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
The deadline to apply for this internship is November 30, 2013.
Attention International Students:
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 Visa and do not have a Social Security number, please contact our office at 407-828-1736 PRIOR to applying.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on November 30, 2013.apply
Every day at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Segment, the job of the cast member is to help make guest’s dreams come true. More than 50 years ago, Walt Disney had a visionary new idea for family entertainment: a place where families can enjoy a fully-immersive atmosphere rich in detail. The secret to his success was placing the cast member at the center of everything. They’re the ambassadors of the brand, they bring the magic to life, and they truly are Disney.
Today, there are 11 Disney theme parks located in 5 of the world’s leading family vacation destinations. If you’re interested in building a career with the Disney Company, our enterprise includes ABC Television Studios, ESPN, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other amazing, successful organizations. Could it be your job to make dreams come true? Could it be your job to make the magic happen? If you choose to build a career with Disney, yes it could.
- Log in here to check the status of your current job application.
- Adventures by Disney
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
- Disney Auditions
- Disney College Program
- Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Culinary Program
- Disney International Programs
- Disney Professional Internships
- Disney Research
- Disney Vacation Club
- Disneyland Resort
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online
- Walt Disney World Resort
Sign up here for job alerts and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Segment employment communications.