Makaha Valley Country Club is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Makaha Valley Country Club is located in Waianae, Hawaii and is hiring a full-time Cook II. Full-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose
The Banquet Captain is responsible for managing special functions held at the Club on the day/evening of the event, including set-up and breakdown of the function.
2. Scope and Impact
The Banquet Captain assists the Banquet & Event Sales Manager with all daily operations of the banquet functions.
3. Essential Functions
• Regularly reviews upcoming event function sheets and has a thorough understanding of all requirements. Works closely with the Banquet & Event Sales Manager to ensure the needs and expectations of guests.
• Sets up the room as specified on the banquet floor plan and meeting with banquet staff to go over the details on the events and assign sections.
• Welcomes the event host along with the Banquet & Event Sales Manager, if available, and goes over any final details of the event set up. Ensures any decorating by the customer does not damage company property.
• Oversees the function to ensure that all aspects of the event run smoothly.
• Advises guest tables, as needed, to go to the buffet line. Ensures that the buffet lines remains open for one and one half hours of service and takes a final head count.
• Assists in the training of all banquet personnel on banquet procedures to maintain excellent customer service standards.
• Continually observes, directs and assists staff where necessary during entire event and checks with the host periodically to ensure satisfaction.
• Addresses all customer complaints in the absence of the Restaurant or Banquet & Event Sales Manager.
• Supervises and assists with the breakdown, clean up and resetting of the room after the event. Accounts for all equipment and supplies and the return of any borrowed items by the host.
4. Marginal Functions
• Completes other projects and tasks for the Banquet & Event Sales Manager, Restaurant Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Director of Operations or Corporate organization as requested by management.
5. Job Requirements
A. Education/Experience Required
• Training in restaurant/banquet operations of more than two years.
• Previous management/supervisory experience is preferred.
B. Technical Skills Required
• Ability to manage time effectively to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and maintaining schedule of events.
C. Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with support personnel, department co-workers, clients and upper management.
• Must be able to plan, organize and execute procedures for efficient banquet operations.
• Must be able to delegate duties to banquet team effectively.
• Requires ability to focus on many tasks and projects at once.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable, able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
• Excellent organizational and collaborative skills to work in a team environment.
• A desire to learn and participate in the ongoing improvements and enhancement of banquet functions.
D. Language Skills
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with subordinates, guests, vendors and co-managers.
E. Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Requires the ability to safely lift and maneuver trays of food and other items up to 50 lbs.
• Requires some bending, stretching and pulling in the course and scope of the work.
• Must be able to stand and work during entire work shift (at least 5 hours).
• Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a high-paced, high-energy environment, with ongoing interruptions and ambient noise.
• Potential for superficial cuts and burns.
• Requires work in an environment with exposure to heat, moisture and cold.