The Salvation Army
Hawaiian and Pacific Islands Division
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
POSITION TITLE: Life Guard I
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Aquatic Director
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Part Time
DATE: January 5, 2012
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional, and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in Hawaii exists to Save Souls, Grow Saints and Serve Suffering Humanity by being a church that is:
— BIBLICALLY AUTHENTIC IN MOTIVE AND MISSION
— A RELEVANT AND VIBRANT EXPRESSION OF CHRISTIANITY
— CULTURALLY DIVERSE IN METHODS AND MINISTRY
— COMPASSIONATELY ACTIVE IN SERVING HUMANITY
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where relationships, individuals, and families thrive in the name of Jesus.
Under the general direction of a more senior Life Guard, Life Guard I will assist lifeguards
to ensure a safe and orderly swimming environment; assisting with day-to-day activities of the pool, and ensuring a clean and enjoyable facility for members and guests.
The Kroc Center Hawaii Life Guard I will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification, First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
2. Swim lesson instruction and water exercise instruction are preferred.
3. Will accept candidates who are Junior or Senior in High school or enrolled in College.
4. Must be at least 16 years of age.
5. A child labor certificate or “work permit” is required for working minors until they reach 18 years of age.
6. Previous customer service work experience helpful.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
1. Assists the lifeguards in the monitoring of the pool area and help to consistently enforce all rules.
2. Assists lifeguards in the performance of shallow water rescues (chest level or shallower), CPR, and First Aid, according to training guidelines.
3. Interacts with members and guests in a positive and pleasant manner.
4. Greet and assist members and guests in a manner consistent with excellent customer service standards.
5. Maintain swimming and rescue skills through conditioning swims and attendance at training sessions, as well as staff meetings and in-service training.
6. Assists lifeguards in maintaining the cleanliness of the pool area, locker rooms and facility.
7. Observe, document and report safety issues to the appropriate supervisors.
8. Support and communicate with supervisors and co-workers regarding routine and non-routine work-related issues or policies.
9. Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
10. Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, Kroc Center Hawaii co-workers and the general public.
11. Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
12. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
13. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
14. Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax (808-682-5501). Please include your name and the job title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.