The Salvation Army
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Kapolei, Hawaii Hawaiian and Pacific Islands
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the DO and Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (RJKCCC)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
DATE: December 2014
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations and Administrator will provide general administrative and secretarial support to the DO and the Administrator/Corps Officers. The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations and Administrator will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be a high school graduate and have 3 to 5 years administrative assistant experience in a large church or corporate setting.
2. Ability to coordinate a multiple staff business office.
3. Ability to prioritize work and multi-task simultaneous projects.
4. At least three years experience in supervising staff and/or volunteers.
5. Be cordial, friendly and professional in carrying out your job responsibilities.
6. Have a comprehensive proficiency in the most current version of Windows, which includes Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel.
7. Demonstrates good judgment, resourcefulness, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
8. Service-oriented team player who can take initiative, work independently and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment.
9. Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
10. Have excellent interaction and phone skills.
11. Interact professionally and work well with other employees, customers, volunteers, and donors while maintaining the standards of The Salvation Army.
12. Be able to work with all ethnic and socio-economic populations. Possesses sensitivity and awareness of diverse cultural perspectives and the ability to work with diverse populations.
13. Have or obtain within 10 days a valid Hawaii Driver’s license and insured transportation.
14. Abide by Salvation Army Policies and Procedures and have an acceptance of Salvation Army philosophy and mission.
15. Able to occasionally work weekends/evening hours, and must have willingness and ability to travel.
16. Ability to effectively understand, reflect, communicate the Christian principles, mission, goals, and strengths of The Salvation Army and The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
17. Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
18. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
19. Strong motivational and management skills.
20. Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program on an annual basis.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. BA in Business Administration or any 4 year degree.
2. Ability to type 70 words per minute or above.
3. 5 to 10 years administrative assistant experience in a large church or corporate setting.
1. Provide administrative and secretarial service for the Director of Operations and Administrator/Corps Officers.
2. Compose and type routine correspondence to all levels of staff, members, volunteers, donors, and DHQ as needed.
3. When needed – open mail, sort and answer routine correspondence.
4. After discussing matters with the Director of Operations and Administrator; prepare correspondence and send out.
5. Process a Reading file to the Director of Operations and Administrator and others as designated on a monthly basis.
6. Maintain a bring-up system and provide to Director of Operations and Administrator daily. Will send out routine reminders letters when items are overdue from bring-up system.
7. Process items for CFC Command Finance Council, DPC Divisional Program Council, Advisory Committees, etc.
8. Maintain an office procedure manual that will ensure that all individuals under your supervision are completing assigned tasks to completion. Will monitor rest and meal breaks according to established procedures.
9. Take down minutes at all key departmental meetings. Will produce and distribute within 3 days of said meeting to all parties involved.
10. Oversee hosting duties for meetings including the preparation and ordering of food and beverages.
11. Oversee the maintenance of calendar for the departmental conference room. This will include but is not limited to developing a schedule and distributing to all parties involved on a monthly basis, all physical arrangements, (room arrangement, menu, snacks, etc).
12. Maintain and update a calendar of all scheduled appointments for the Director of Operations and Administrator. This includes making any travel and hotel arrangements as required.
13. Prepare agenda for weekly meetings with all direct reports to the Director of Operations and Administrator.
14. Oversee the preparation of requisitions for supplies, floral arrangements and departmental repairs as needed.
15. Will assign and ensure pick up of mail and/or correspondence on a daily basis, including any correspondence between DHQ.
16. Maintain an up-to-date Salvation Army Disposition of Forces and any other resource material for the Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
17. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all office equipment.
18. Collect statistical information from various RJKCCC programs. Ensure that statistics are inputted into computer database program and reports generated to DHQ on a monthly basis when needed.
19. Prepare and process all reports required for the Annual Divisional review and annual RJKCCC review.
20. Maintain confidential files for all programs, property matters, contracts, social service matters, licenses, etc. This would include but is not limited to: Salvation Army requirements, federal, state, county and city requirements, etc.
21. Assist in the preparation of grant applications, special reports, proposals, etc:
22. Prepare research materials, as directed including background data, charts and graphs, demographics.
23. Conduct research, as directed, to determine characteristic patterns, background and interest in particular category.
24. Set up office procedure and tickler files, which will ensure that each project is followed to completion.
25. Establish and maintain all computer records as directed by the Director of Operations and Administrator.
26. Assist with special events as assigned. (i.e. Kroctoberfest, A Touch of Christmas, etc.)
27. Carry out decisions and instructions given by the Director of Operations and Administrator in accordance with Salvation Army policy and procedures.
28. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax (808-682-5501). Please include your name and the job title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.