Company: Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii
Job Title: Maintenance/Painter
Job Description: The Salvation Army Hawaiian and Pacific Islands Division Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Kapolei, Hawaii Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance/Painter
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
The Maintenance Painter will maintain the facility buildings, grounds, associated equipment, and carry out duties with minimum supervision. He will repair and paint building walls, floors, ceilings, and other facilities. He will maintain equipment used to complete these tasks. He will perform a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds such as pressure washing, removing and replacing molding and wall/floor parts, window cleaning, deck/concrete repair and more.
The Maintenance Technician will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Minimum of one year experience performing light maintenance.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
1. Prepares primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes.
2. Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces. Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
3. Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodelings.
4. Graffiti response and removal using a variety of available products and soda blasting.
5. Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc. Safely stores and labels all materials.
6. Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
7. Update MSDS as required.
8. Assist in maintaining designated properties in compliance with applicable local, state and company rules, codes and regulations.
9. Report mechanical malfunctions to the appropriate party for action.
10. Prepares site for special events/trainings (sets up and takes down furniture and equipment for a variety of internal and community events);Assist in moving furniture and equipment at both facilities/sites setting security alarms and responding to alarm calls during and after regular work hours, and maintaining clean, safe, and orderly work sites. Performs routine inspection of facilities to check for maintenance issues in all areas to ensure proper working order.
11. Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
12. Reads and understands blueprints.
13. Identify and schedule projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors.
14. Follows oral and written instructions while communicating with Program Supervisors and Staff.
15. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
16. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
17. Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings.
18. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (808-682-5501). Please include your name and the job title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.