This year, as the Chair of the City Council’s Zoning & Housing Committee, Councilmember Kymberly Marcos Pine’s priority is to create affordable home rental and ownership opportunities for our hardworking O‘ahu families.
To help create these opportunities for our working families, Councilmember Pine and her Committee on Zoning & Housing will focus on five areas:
1) Incentivizing workforce housing inventory,
2) Increase housing options for very low-income people,
3) Investing in improved neighborhood infrastructure,
4) Updating policies and regulations to promote housing production, and,
5) Coordinating implementation of the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Ordinance.