compensation: $65,000 + Excellent Benefits DOE
Well established warehouse, sales and distribution company is seeking a detailed, highly motivated experienced and energetic Controller to join its executive team. The Controller will manage the day to day accounting operations and provide financial guidance to include:
1. General Ledger:
• Guide and assist accountant with general ledger duties.
• Propose and review journal entries.
• Prepare and Review account reconciliations.
• Prepare and Review financial statements and provide accompanying notes
• Prepare annual income statement forecast and monitor actual results against forecast.
• Discuss financial statements with company Officers.
• Determine and approve fixed assets capitalization.
• Review fixed assets and depreciation schedule.
• Determine and approve deferred assets capitalization and amortization.
2. Accounts Receivable:
• Review and approve billing for warehousing charges.
• Monitor A/R aging and provide guidance to A/R staff in resolving items over 60 days
• Assist A/R staff in collecting outstanding receivables
• Monitor customer payment trend and address negative trends.
• Approve adjustments and write-offs.
• Make bank deposits.
• Approve orders from customers w/ credit and payment issues.
• Perform credit research and check on new customers and authorize the set up of new accounts.
3. Accounts Payable:
• Obtain quotes for big dollar non-recurring purchase of services or goods.
• Approve invoices and ensure that all expenditures are properly approved by management.
• Guide A/P staff in coding non-standard transactions.
• Ensure liabilities are paid timely and pmt discounts are taken.
• Assist and guide A/P staff with 1099 and 1096.
• Ensure petty cash is properly maintained.
• Provide data/analysis and assist company officers in preparing proposal for new business lines.
• Assist in reviewing contracts and agreements.
• Maintain contract/agreement files and monitor changes/updates.
• Initiate proposed periodic rate increases for warehousing customers and provide data to support
• Assist in assessing staffing needs and employee recruitment.
• Review bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Forecast payroll totals and reconcile payroll register. Ceridian experience helpful.
• Handle all paperwork for new employees.
• Monitor medical/dental/PSP eligibility, enrollment and termination.
• Maintain records on hours worked, vacation and sick leave.
• Maintain and update employee personnel files.
• Enforce personnel related policies and guidelines.
• Resolve employee matters/issues.
• Update employee handbook as needed.
• Administer employee evaluations.
• Request for employee information updates annually.
• Prepare and submit year end taxable fringe benefits and adjustments
• Provide data and request for employee pay adjustments.
• Update company holiday schedule annually.
• Ensure safety manager properly maintains safety program and effectively implement it.
• Ensure timely reporting of OSHA forms and reports.
• Complete TDI and/or worker’s compensation form as needed.
• Administer COBRA for terminated employees.
• Maintain employee calendar.
• Reconcile payroll tax reports and ensure proper filing of taxes and forms.
6. CASH MANAGEMENT
• Monitor cash balance daily
• Perform cash flow projection and assess future cash needs.
• Reconcile operating/checking account.
• Ensure maximum return on investment for available cash.
7. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
• Provide accounting software training and support.
• Assist and compile data required for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
• Maintain accounting system security and controls
• Ensure timely filing and payment of monthly general excise tax.
• Prepare and submit data to tax preparer.
• Review tax return for accuracy, obtain proper signature, and file timely.
• Complete and file annual general excise tax return.
• Provide data to agent for annual insurance renewal.
• Consult with agent on insurance needs and adjust coverage accordingly.
• Ensure certificates of insurance are filed with required companies.
• Work with insurance auditors.
• Maintain insurance folder/binder.
• Review physical inventory adjustments and assess financial effect.
• Provide data and analysis to determine proper inventory level.
11. PROFIT SHARING PLAN
• Complete annual census and provide requested info for outside plan administrator.
• Enroll new participants and terminate former employees.
• Maintain participants’ beneficiary forms.
• Review PSP year end package and financial statements.
• Ensure timely filing of governmental forms.
• Distribute statements to participants.
• Review monthly statement to monitor flow of funds, fees, and performance.
• Meet quarterly with investment advisor to discuss results and various issues.
• Request for disbursements to cover plan expenses.
• Administer employee loan and repayment.
• Assess equipment repairs vs. replacement
• Assist in maintaining and up-keeping facility.
• Prepare and submit reports and requested data to bank.
• Maintain gross profit and various analysis.
• Negotiate with vendors and suppliers for best rates and terms.
• Train and guide staff in using the proper tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
Strong excel, software applications and ODBC knowledge and experience preferred.
Please forward resumes to:
Hawaiian Agents Inc.
Attn: HR Dept.
91-314 Komohana Street
Kapolei, HI 96707
Ph: (808) 682-7377
Fax: (808) 682-3620