Kapolei Golf Club is a part of the Pacific Links International family of golf courses. Pacific Links International provides golfers with a premium golf experience through an innovative membership structure that offers access to the finest collection of high-quality member and affiliated golf clubs in the world. For more information about our company please visit our website, www.pacificlinks.com.
Kapolei Golf Club is located in Kapolei, Hawaii and is hiring a part-time Cook III. Part-time employees at Pacific Links enjoy many employee benefits such as company provided medical, 401k and employee golfing privileges!
1. Organization and Purpose
The Cook III reports to the Chef de Cuisine and Lead Cook. The Cook III is responsible for preparing line items according to par sheets or instructions from the Chef, For preparing items assigned to the station and following all recipes, and for all dishwashing duties.
3. Essential Functions
A. Food Preparation
• Sets up, maintains, breaks down and cleans all work stations.
• Prepares soups, sauces and “specials” according to daily prep lists and checks par levels of all work stations.
• Prepares food in accordance with established methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by standard recipes.
• Serves items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
B. Kitchen Cleanliness and Quality Standards
• Maintains a neat and professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
• Ensures that assigned work stations and equipment are clean and sanitary.
• Adheres to all federal and state health and safety regulations.
• Notifies Chef of expected food shortages and equipment malfunctions.
• Checks refrigerator for spoiled foods and logs all food waste.
• Covers, dates and properly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
• Maintains security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
• Assists in food deliveries, storage and issuing of foods.
C. Washing and Cleaning Supplies
• Washes all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards.
• Polishes all silverware, platters and chafing dishes.
• Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas or containers.
• Cleans dishwashing machine and dish area after each meal period.
4. Marginal Functions
• Assists as assigned with banquet food preparation, set up and clean up.
• Completes other projects and tasks for the Cook I, Lead Cook, Chef de Cuisine, Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef or Corporate organization as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the complete job description and apply online at:
Pacific Links International Careers Page. Please no phone calls for this position. Applications will be processed once the on-line application is received. Job offer will be made to viable candidate conditional upon a successful pre-employment background screening and drug test. Pacific Links Hawaii is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.