FUN mixed with SKILL-BUILDING and GROWTH, the DreamHouse Summer Accelerator is a weeklong experience that will engage rising 5th – 8th graders (upper elementary & middle school ages) in the following:
(1) SUMMER FUN: Over 100 children will come together for a fun, end-of-summer, indoor/outdoor, energetic experience to squeeze the last drops out of summer break and gear up for the new school year.
(2) TEAM-BUILDING: Fun, immersive activities give camp participants an opportunity to build relationships and connections with each other, strengthening team, leadership, and interpersonnel skills.
(3) LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Core to our work is helping children find their voice, purpose, and passion, and each child will leave camp feeling more confident in themselves, more connected to those around them, and more committed to their community.
(4) COMMUNITY EXPERIENCES: Outdoor field days at Pu’uloa Beach Park, Camp Palehua, and the Salvation Army Kroc Center provide a true summer experience for children
(5) FOOD, MATERIALS, SWAG: Each camp participant will be provided with breakfast and lunch, all necessary materials, and DreamHouse-branded items (i.e. t-shirt, water bottle, drawstring bag, pens, stickers, etc.)
CALENDAR (updated as of June 26th):
Monday (7/23): Tokai University (Team-building, leadership development, college tour, community guests)
Tuesday (7/24): Camp Pālehua (Outdoor adventuring, team-building, learning, camp games)
Wednesday (7/25): Pu’uloa Beach Park (Mālama ‘Āina, beach games, team project)
Thursday (7/26): Kroc Center (Team-building, sports, summer fun, team project)
Friday (7/27): Tokai University (Final team project, exhibition, family & community celebration)
LOGISTICS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Camp is limited to the first 100 sign ups, after which a waiting list will be generated.
* Scholarships to fully cover camp fees are available to the first 100 families who register.
* Camp will run daily from 8AM – 4PM during the week of July 23 – 27.
* Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided each day to participants.
* Camp will take place at various location in the ‘Ewa Moku (see above).
* Drop off and pick up is as follows:
Monday: Tokai University
Tuesday: ‘Ewa Beach Community Park (bus provided to and from Camp Pālehua)
Wednesday: Pu’uloa Beach Park
Thursday: Kroc Center
Friday: Tokai University
Please visit www.DreamHouseEwaBeach.org for more information.
REMINDER: First 100 sign-ups are covered by generous scholarship from the Atherton Family Foundation, Kamehameha Schools, and 4.0 Schools ($150 value/each).