The Girl Scouts of Hawai`i is looking for After School Hours Program Advisors on the Windward and Waianae Coasts. Advisors will be responsible for the execution of the Girl Scout Leadership Program utilizing the Girl Scout curriculum and making concepts come alive through a variety of activities.
A successful candidate must:
1. Be energetic, trustworthy, and committed to the values of Girl Scouting;
2. Enjoy working with school-aged children;
3. Be an independent and innovative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a team environment,
is willing to tackle new challenges, and be able to manage multiple assignments while meeting
specific deadlines with minimal supervision;
4. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with parents,
school staff, community members, and Girl Scout staff;
5. Have a basic understanding of child development and age appropriate behaviors and skills;
6. Be able to work some weekends, evenings, and one overnight shift;
7. Undergo a comprehensive background check;
8. Have a Bachelor’s degree or attending school to complete a degree in a related field or two years
work experience in youth programs.
9. The successful candidate will be required to become an adult member of Girl Scouts USA.
-after school, 1:00pm – 4:30pm, possibly 8:00am – 3:00pm during school intersessions
-part time employee
-1 to 3 times per week
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO JESSICA TAFAO, firstname.lastname@example.org