MANA WAHINE (FEMALE EMPOWERMENT): A GATHERING:
Uhaele mai! Join the Pūʻā Foundation and our partners at a transformative Mana Wahine (female empowerment) gathering where you will learn about innovative gender and culturally-responsive, trauma-informed approaches that integrate Native Hawaiian healing practices with western methodologies in support of justice-involved women, girls and their families.
- Discover what works through conversations with justice-involved families and professionals from Hawaiʻi’s Girls Court, Women’s Community Correctional Center, Youth Correctional Facility, and Federal Detention Center.
- Learn about the science behind Native Hawaiian cultural and healing practices.
- Participate in Native Hawaiian cultural and healing activities and experience its impact.
- Learn about the importance and benefit of integrating cultural and healing practices with western methodologies.
At the conclusion of the gathering, the participant will be able to:
- Apply lessons learned, innovation and models in practice to improve justice system services and outcomes.
- Integrate the developing network of resources connecting public, private, faith-based organizations, family and peer support that advance transformative justice systems change.
- Apply new knowledge and skills of effective gender and culturally-responsive, trauma-informed approaches to reduce justice system involvement disparities
PROFESSIONAL TARGET AUDIENCE:
The program will be of interest to those who serve justice-involved women, girls and their families – judges, court specialists, youth and adullt correctional officers, probation officers, nurses, social workers, psychologists, physicians; criminal justice professionals and students; public health professionals and students; community health workers; teachers, volunteers, supporters, administrators, executives, managers, and leaders who oversee justice service delivery; philanthropic organizations and grassroots community organizations with an interest in trauma, healing and justice promotion and systems change.