THE QUEEN’S MEDICAL CENTER- West Oahu – Ewa Beach, HI
Job Title: PHYSICAL THERAPIST
Department: WEST OAHU PHYSICAL THERAPY
Status: Regular Full-Time, 40hr
Job Opening # 109549
HAWAII’S HEALTHCARE LEADER – Join The Queen’s Medical Center West Oahu!
Established in 1859 by Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV to address the healthcare needs of the people of Hawaii during a time with epidemics were sweeping the islands, The Queen’s Medical Center (“QMC”) is the first hospital in the United States founded by royalty.
On April 2009, QMC received Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) — the highest institutional honor awarded for hospital excellence. Magnet recognition is held by less than five percent of hospitals in the United States. The Queen’s Medical Center is the first hospital in Hawaii to achieve Magnet status.
As the leading medical referral center in Hawaii and the Pacific Basin, QMC, offers a comprehensive range of primary care and specialized services. QMC is widely known for its programs in cancer, cardiovascular disease, neuroscience, orthopedics, surgery, trauma and behavioral medicine.
THE QUEEN’S MEDICAL CENTER WEST OAHU
Opening a hospital like The Queen’s Medical Center — West O’ahu is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we want you to have an outstanding experience as we expand the Queen’s vision to the West O’ahu community.
The Queen’s Medical Center — West O’ahu is the newest member of The Queen’s Health Systems family of companies, and joins The Queen’s Medical Center, Punchbowl, Moloka’i General Hospital, North Hawai’i Community Hospital, and the Queen’s Health Care Centers clinics in providing the highest quality healthcare delivered with our C.A.R.E. Values of Compassion, Aloha, Respect, and Excellence.
QMC — West O’ahu is an 80-bed community hospital with:
- 10 ICU beds
- 40 Telemetry beds
- 30 Medical/Surgical beds
- 4 Operating Suites
- 2 Endoscopy Suites
- 23 Emergency Department Beds
For over 150 years, The Queen’s Medical Center has continued to fulfill its mission of providing quality healthcare services to Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawai’i. Queen’s has extended this mission by opening The Queen’s Medical Center — West O’ahu, a community hospital that provides residents and visitors with high quality, state-of-the-art healthcare in the West O’ahu area. QMC — West O’ahu features completely new and convenient facilities with a caring and superb staff who demonstrate commitment to the legacy of our Founders, Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV.
A partnership was developed with the West O’ahu community to provide a hospital that meets current and future needs. Conceived with timeless design principles that are centered around patients and their families, QMC — West O’ahu also offers a beautifully re-landscaped campus, access to an upgraded Physicians’ Office Building, and modern healing environments throughout. Reflecting upon the heritage and mission of our Founders, the hospital’s interior highlights Hawaiian culture and the contributions by the Sisters of St. Francis, who operated a hospital at this site for 20 years, and by the Estate of James Campbell, which provided the land.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, develops and implements a progressive rehabilitation program for patient according to principles of physical therapy
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting usual weight of 50 pounds up to 150 pounds, pushing/pulling usual weight of 50 pounds up to 150 pounds, carrying usual weight of 20 pounds, reaching above/at/below shoulders, repetitive arm/hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object
• Operates small hand tools, computer, fax machine, hot pack machine, tilt table, hi-low table, whirlpool, CPMs, TENS, ultrasound, critikon, cardiac chair, pulse oximeter, traction machine, electrical stim machine, video equipment, walkers, crutches.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Exposed to both inside and outside environmental conditions and heat from whirlpool temperatures up to 110F. Some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids; works with electrical/mechanical units. Work environment is fast paced and sometimes stressful due to variable work load.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State license as a Physical Therapist.
• Current certification in CPR at BLS/HCP level.
• One (1) year of professional Physical Therapy experience in an acute care hospital or outpatient setting preferred.
TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN THIS POSITION:
Visit: www.queens.org. Look for Job Opening # 109549
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Queen’s Medical Center (“QMC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. QMC will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The Queen’s Medical Center is an EEO/AA Employer.
NOTE: RESUME IS REQUIRED AND MUST BE ATTACHED WHEN APPLYING