POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Lead
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Facility Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the Maintenance Lead will work with employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. This position is responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Position will also assist the Facility Manager in coordinating work efforts and in training of the maintenance and custodial staff.
The Maintenance Lead will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Minimum of two years of experience in commercial building maintenance.
3. Familiarity with energy maintenance systems, preventive maintenance and work order programs, and life safety systems.
4. Two years of experience in leading work groups and training others.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
1. Perform basic routine and emergency repairs to designated facility plumbing, electrical, structural, and mechanical systems as required.
2. Monitor all interior areas of the buildings facility, external facilities, parking lots and landscaped areas; including all electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems in and around the Center.
3. Identify and perform basic routine and emergency repairs to designated facility plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems as required.
4. Complete all work orders and PM’s as assigned.
5. Coordinate the priority maintenance repairs in accordance with the urgency associated with each repair.
6. Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary. Inspects work for completeness.
7. Contact vendors and/or agencies as needed to ensure the proper operation of equipment, facilities and systems.
8. Maintain landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, mowing grass, and other exterior maintenance and property upkeep needs as required. Assist in periodic custodial duties as needed.
9. Maintain aquatic and recreational equipment as required.
10. Spot check routine work and supervise the more complex or unusual projects.
11. Assist in preventative maintenance of the facilities and equipment, including but not limited to: belt inspections and replacements, replace light bulbs, filter replacements, coil cleaning and painting of building and maintain general service ability.
12. Assist in the budget process under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
13. Assist in the setup of equipment for events and activities for the Center.
14. Assist in the periodic maintenance of the Center’s vehicle fleet.
15. Assist in the hiring, training, evaluation and supervision of custodial/maintenance staff.
16. Assist the Facility Manager in providing instruction to all maintenance and custodial staff in the proper use of all equipment and cleaning supplies.
17. Assist the Facility Manager in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees, guests and members of the Center.
18. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
19. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
20. Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings.
21. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (808-682-5501). Please include your name and the job title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.