GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Business will provide general secretarial support to the Director of Business as well as coordinate all functions of the Kroc Center Administrative Office, which includes planning, organizing, managing all files, special projects, and events. The Administrative Assistant to the DB will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be a high school graduate and have 3 to 5 years administrative assistant experience in a large church or corporate setting.
2. Ability to coordinate a multiple staff business office.
3. Ability to prioritize work and multi-task simultaneous projects.
4. At least three years of experience in supervising staff and/or volunteers.
5. Be cordial, friendly and professional in carrying out your job responsibilities.
6. Have a comprehensive proficiency in the most current version of Windows, which includes Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel.
7. Must be proficient in all MS Office Applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher. Must have working knowledge of all applications.
8. Minimum 4 years of experience working with Excel and Word, creating spreadsheets and documents.
9. Demonstrates good judgment, resourcefulness, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
10. Service-oriented team player who can take initiative, work independently and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment.
11. Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
12. Have excellent interaction and phone skills.
13. Interact professionally and work well with other employees, customers, volunteers, and donors while maintaining the standards of The Salvation Army.
14. Be able to work with all ethnic and socio-economic populations. Possesses sensitivity and awareness of diverse cultural perspectives and the ability to work with diverse populations.
15. Have or obtain within 10 days a valid Hawaii Driver’s license and insured transportation.
16. Abide by Salvation Army Policies and Procedures and have an acceptance of Salvation Army philosophy and mission.
17. Able to occasionally work weekends/evening hours, and must have willingness and ability to travel.
18. Ability to effectively understand, reflect, communicate the Christian principles, mission, goals, and strengths of The Salvation Army and The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
19. Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
20. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
21. Strong motivational and management skills.
22. Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program on an annual basis.
23. Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
1. Provide secretarial service for the Director of Business.
a. Compose and type routine letters to all levels of staff, members, volunteers, donors, and DHQ as needed.
b. Open mail, sort, distribute to appropriate departments and answer routine correspondence.
c. After discussing matters with the Director of Business; prepare correspondence and send out.
2. Process a Reading file to the Director of Business and others as designated on a monthly basis.
3. Maintain a bring-up system and provide to Director of Business daily. Will send out routine reminder letters when items are overdue from bring-up system.
4. Create original Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations using MS Office applications and other applications as needed.
5. Process items for CFC Command Finance Council, DPC Divisional Program Council, Advisory Committees, etc.
6. Maintain an office procedure manual that will ensure that all individuals under your supervision are completing assigned tasks to completion. Will monitor rest and meal breaks according to established procedures.
7. Take minutes at all key departmental meetings. Will produce and distribute within 3 days of said meeting to all parties involved and ensure assigned action items are completed in a timely manner. Ensure strict confidentiality of subjects discussed in meetings.
8. Oversee hosting duties for meetings including RSVPs, the preparation and ordering for food and beverages, as needed.
9. Oversee the maintenance of calendar for the departmental conference room via RMS Recreational Management System.
10. Maintain and update a calendar of all scheduled appointments for Director of Business. This included making any travel and hotel arrangements as required.
11. Prepare agenda for weekly meetings with all direct reports to the Director of Business.
12. Oversee the preparation of requisitions for supplies, floral arrangements and departmental repairs as needed. Coordinate purchase and restocking of general office supplies.
13. Will assign and ensure pick up of mail and/or correspondence on a daily basis, including any correspondence between DHQ.
14. Maintain an up-to-date Salvation Army Disposition of Forces and any other resource material for the Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
15. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all office equipment.
16. Collect statistical information from various RJKCCC programs. Ensure that statistics are inputted into computer database program and reports generated to DHQ on a monthly basis when needed.
17. Prepare and process all reports required for the Annual Divisional review and annual RJKCCC review.
18. Maintain confidential files for all programs, property matters, contracts, social service matters, licenses, etc. This would include but is not limited to: Salvation Army requirements, federal, state, county and city requirements, etc.
19. Assist in the preparation of grant applications, special reports, proposals, etc.:
a. Prepare research materials, as directed including background data, charts and graphs, demographics.
b. Conduct research, as directed, to determine characteristic patterns, background and interest in particular category.
c. Set up office procedure and tickler files, which will ensure that each project is followed to completion.
20. Establish and maintain all computer records as directed by the Director of Business.
21. Carry out decisions and instructions given by the Director of Business in accordance with The Salvation Army policy and procedures.
22. Responsible for facilitating stocking of supplies for copy machines and printers throughout entire facility as well as repair for copy machines.
23. Maintain vehicle, 2 way radio and key assignment logs.
24. Maintain and upkeep records of Lost and Damage reports and Incident reports as well as helping with reporting of incidents and follow-ups.
25. Perform other duties as assigned.