If you are interested please pick up an application at the Front Desk of the Kroc Center
91-3257 Kualakai Pkwy. in Ewa Beach
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, seasonal, temporary
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all
programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of
the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for
God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without
JOB SUMMARY: Staff the Christmas kettles and receive donations from shoppers.
• Report to work on a regular and punctual basis as scheduled at various locations, both indoors and
• Interact with others with courtesy and tact
• Receive donations from shoppers.
• Work under stressful conditions
• Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
• Handle cash in a secure fashion
• Maintain confidentiality
• Talk and interact with co-workers, supervisors, shoppers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires standing; walking; sitting; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or
crawling; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25
Valid Hawaii driver’s license (if needed)
THE KETTLE WORKER’S SCHEDULE: Monday through Saturday starting in November and
ending on or about Christmas Eve.
It is necessary to subscribe to certain basic procedures to ensure the successful operation of The Salvation
Army Kettle Program. If you are willing to abide by the following instructions, please sign and return
this application to our office.
1) I will be willing to wear Salvation Army identification
2) I will wear a jacket or apron specified by The Salvation Army.
3) I will maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
4) I will not smoke, drink, or use drugs while working on the kettles.
5) I will be flexible in adjusting to whatever working schedule and locations are necessary.
6) I will represent The Salvation Army to the best of my ability.
7) I will follow basic safety guidelines